Epson, a leader in digital imaging and printing solutions, announced today the launch of its latest next-generation SureColor S-series high performance roll-to-roll eco-solvent printers across Southeast Asia, for Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Singapore. The latest S-series is powered by Epson’s industry-leading PrecisionCore printhead technology, and is the company’s most advanced signage printer to date, for printing of photographic quality images for the signage, vehicle graphics and fine art reproduction markets.
The new SureColor S-series 64-inch S40670, S60670 and S80670 printers incorporate the all-new fourth-generation Epson UltraChrome GS3 ink, an eco-solvent inkset that enables reduced ink consumption and is 10% to 15% more efficient in printing compared to previous generations. The new Epson UltraChrome GS3 ink has improved vibrancy and wider colour gamut, as well as improved drying times and extended outdoor durability, reducing total cost of ownership.
Powered by Epson’s advanced PrecisionCoreTM TFP (Thin Film Piezo) printhead, the new SureColor S-series bring enhanced performance, reliability and image quality. The S-series is designed for high-speed production printing on a wide range of coated and uncoated surfaces with an all-new precision media feeding system for significantly faster speeds compared to predecessors.
“Developed over a 4-year period, the new SureColor S-series brings unparalleled levels of productivity and improved reliability to the signage markets. Epson has listened to the customer and is now bringing new technology and features to our printers to meet the high-volume printing needs of the signage market, while also offering enhanced inks to lower the total cost of ownership. We are committed to growing the professional printing market within Southeast Asia and we will continue to invest in research and development to continue bringing innovation to our customers,” said Shaun See, Regional General Manager, Epson Professional Printing Division.
“There is a strong growth potential in commercial and professional digital printing markets as we see increasingly more business owners looking for ways to offer innovative products and services that will help them stand out in the demanding market space, while continuously driving the cost down. We believe the Malaysian market is maturing as there is a definite increase in the demand for short run as well as personalised printing, and Epson is primed to help our business partners capture the opportunities within this segment of the market,” said Danny Lee, General Manager, Sales & Marketing, Epson Malaysia.
The launch event was held at the Epson Professional Printing Solutions Day in Kuala Lumpur on 10 March 2016, which showcased Epson’s suite of professional printing solutions and technologies for the signage markets, digital textile printing and professional photo printing solutions.
More about the SureColour S-series
The 64-inch SureColor S-Series solvent printers introduce several new features which enhance the productivity, reliability and quality of signage imaging, including:
• Epson UltraChrome GS3 Ink: The fast-drying Epson UltraChrome GS3 ink delivers improved vibrancy, gloss levels, durability and superior media compatibility. The S80670 also incorporates a new red solvent ink for an expanded color gamut and optional metallic ink, as well as optional white ink for higher opacity to reduce ink sedimentation and dryout. Individual 700 ml ink cartridges enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability. The SureColor S-Series printers are designed exclusively for use with Epson ink cartridges.
• PrecisionCore TFP Printhead: The S-series printers incorporate Epson’s revolutionary PrecisionCore TFP printhead. Epson’s Thin Film Piezo printhead technology uses precisely controlled mechanical force to eject ink, allowing a wider range of inks and ink ingredients to be used than with thermal inkjet systems, and enabling optimum results on a wide range of media.
• Precision Dot image processing technology: Enhanced Epson Precision Dot technology and new Micro Weave technology deliver output with minimal banding, even at the fastest of production print speeds, for outstanding photographic print quality and consistency in output.
• New Precision Media Feeding System: The new SureColor S-series has a newly developed sensor-based precision media feeding system that automatically controls the media tension and motor strength to ensure consistent media feed for truly unattended roll-to-roll printing. Forty individual media rollers with five independent pinch rollers and a sharp media path ensure superior media skew control for tight and accurately finished rolls. The new SC-Series also has new hardware enhancements offering greater resistance to head strikes.
• Simple Operation and Maintenance: Automatic media alignment and setup will allow for faster switching between media types. Automatic print head cleaning—including a newly-developed fabric printhead wiper system significantly reduces the need for manual printhead maintenance. Air circulation system keeps the printhead cleaner for extended performance in high production environments. Epson includes a full copy of ONYX GamaPrint Pro RIP workflow software with profiles for top-selling solvent media.